With a hectic schedule, never-ending work responsibilities and a busy family life, many of you may need to complete your workouts sporadically whenever you can. Read on about the different times of day you can work out in order to determine when is best for you.
Work out in the morning to start your day off right
Whether you get up early because you want to or because you have to, there are many advantages to exercising in the morning:
- Kick-start your metabolism and keep on burning calories several hours later.
- Boost your mood. Exercising activates your "happiness" hormones, such as endorphins, dopamine and serotonin, making you feel great - ,we promise!
- You don't need to think about it anymore! A FizzUp workout in the morning means you don't have to remember to work out for the rest of the day.
In short, exercising in the morning is the best time to stimulate your feel-good hormones and benefit from their effects throughout the day.
Work out in the evening to boost your mood
Most people do their workouts in the evening (about 70% between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm). There are several advantages to exercising after 4:00 pm:
- Your body temperature is higher at the end of the day. Your muscles are already warm and more flexible, making you feel better.
- You'll feel as if you're exerting less effort as your body strength is at its peak for the day. Your body has indeed exerted itself all day. Your body has been working all day; your muscles are soft and more capable of exerting physical effort.
- Release built up stress.
- You're less likely to injure yourself because, as well as having completed a warm-up, your body is warmer than it was at the beginning of the day.
Avoid exercising after 8:00 or 9:00 pm. Exercising this late in the day is not recommended, as it can lead to sleep disorders, by making it hard for you to fall asleep and can also disrupt your sleep cycle in general. In order to fall asleep, your body temperature needs to fall back down. Don't go to bed later than you normally would, as you'll then benefit less from the recovery phase.
Everyone needs to choose the time of day that works best for them. It should be at a time when you're at your most motivated, and when you feel your best, physically. Try completing your workouts at different times of the day to find the best conditions that work for you. FizzUp is not all about performance - the most important thing is finding the best time of day that works for you!